Catalogue produced to accompany the exhibition, An Endeavour in Printing: highlights from the Essex House Press collection at Court Barn Museum, Chipping Campden from 26 April to 1 July 2012.
The Essex House Press formed part of the Guild of Handicraft, which was established in 1898 by C.R. Ashbee in the Mile End Road in London and transferred to Chipping Campden in 1902. Court Barn now holds the largest single collection of Essex House Press books. It came from his daughter Felicity Ashbee and consists almost entirely of the copies which Ashbee set aside for himself, many of them annotated or personalised by him.